Your privacy and cookies
Plus Health is committed to the protecting the safety and privacy of you and your personal data. We will only ask you for the very minimal information and not to ask for irrelevant or unnecessary information about you. Our appointment booking service requires you to provide details of a live email address, contact telephone number and account password. To facilitate online peer support appointments you are required to provide your Skype or WhatsApp ID’s. Our website contains links to other third-party websites which are not covered by our privacy notice. We encourage visitors to our website to read the privacy statements of the websites we link to.
What is personal data?
Personal data refers to any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. This can include your name, telephone number(s), postal address, email address, Skype and WhatsApp ID’s.
How do we use your personal data?
In order for us to provide online peer support we require some personal information which we use to get a better understanding of how we can help you during your online peer support appointments. By using our online peer support service you are consenting for your data to be processed and stored on behalf of Plus Health by SimplyBook.it, SmartSurvey, Skype and WhatsApp.
We want to make sure our online peer support service is easy to use and provides the very best beneficiary experience. We will contact you using the email you’ve provided to confirm your appointments, cancellations and when you re-schedule. We will send you further email 24 hours prior to the time of your appointment. We may also use Skype or WhatsApp to message you about service updates. You can withdraw your permission at any time.
What are your rights?
The General Data Protection Act 2018 protects the way personal data is used. You have the right to access all your personal data which includes both manual and electronic records. You also have the right to request all your personal data removed. We may not be able to comply with all such requests for specific legal reason which we will notify you of at the time of your request.
How do we look after your data?
- Plus Health will ensure that your personal data is managed and kept secure at all times. Our founder and volunteers are committed to adhering to the legal obligations as provided by the outlined in the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- We use the following companies and services to store and process your data, using their servers and cloud storage - SimplyBook.it, SmartSurvey, Skype and WhatsApp. Our website and third-party service providers are GDPR compliant.
- We are committed to keeping your data no longer than is needed. We will not pass any personal data on to any third parties without your express consent, unless we are legally required to do so – for example, to comply with the law, a court order or where there is a clear safety risk to you or to someone else. We will always try to inform you where this is the case.
- Only the founder of Plus Health, Chris Williams and authorised volunteers have access to your data. Access to all devices and services we use to provide online peer support are password protected.
How do we look after your data?
The information provided below is subject to change and while every effort is made to ensure information is accurate and up-to-date, no guarantee is offered that it is free from errors or omissions
- Plus Health generated surveys and questionnaires powered by Smartsurvey, places 2 cookies to track the progress of questionnaire completion, to keep track of completed questionnaires and to prevent multiple responses. No other cookies are used to collect any other data.
- Plus Health appointment service powered by Simplybook.it places up to 8 cookies when you visit this part of our website: 1 essential functional cookie, 7 marketing cookies used to track visitors across websites, these include Twitter, Google and YouTube. This is standard across the majority of websites and provides anonymised data for future ad placement.
- Skype places up to 20 cookies when you visit their site. These cookies are used to determine your IP address, authenticate you when you sign in with your Microsoft account, detects if cookies are enabled in your browser, contains an encrypted version of your country, postal code, age, gender, language and occupation, if known. Other cookies also collect information for analytic purposes, identify advertisers so the right ad is selected and records your decision not to receive interest-based advertising delivered by Microsoft.
- WhatsApp web places a single cookie to collect anonymous information about how visitors interact with other websites. There are other subdomains that may also be placing cookies or similar tracking technologies which we’ve not been able to identify. We encourage you to view WhatsApp privacy and cookie policies.
If you’re concerned about cookies and privacy, you can change the settings in your browser’s preference menu to not accept cookies. More information about this is available on the Information Commissioner’s website. Disabling cookies may prevent the additional functionality provided by the third-party websites listed above working correctly. Our founder, Chris Williams is the information controller for Plus Health and can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.